Can We Get PR In Canada Without Graduation?

It is possible to get permanent residence (PR) in Canada without graduation, but it will depend on the specific circumstances and the immigration program you are applying through. 

You will not believe how many Canadian immigration programs are available to those without a college degree. You simply need to find the right immigration program, track your skill level, and work your way up to qualifying for permanent residency.

For this sole purpose, we will be highlighting all the programs through which you can get PR in Canada without graduation.

Move to Canada Through Express Entry APPLYNOW
Get a Job in Canada APPLYNOW
Study in Canada APPLYNOW
Get Canadian Scholarships APPLYNOW
Migrate To Canada APPLYNOW

How to get PR in Canada without graduation 

Several immigration programs in Canada allow you to apply for and get permanent residence in Canada without graduation, including:

1. Express Entry

This program is for highly skilled foreigners who want to immigrate to Canada permanently. You may be eligible if you have a job offer from a Canadian employer or the skills and experience in a high-demand occupation in Canada.

The Express Entry System is the quickest and most efficient method of relocating to Canada. It includes three immigration programs: the Federal Skilled Worker Program, the Federal Trades Work Program, and the Canada Experience Class.

While the Federal skilled worker program needs a good college degree to qualify, the other two focus more on the applicant’s skill. 

The following factors determine eligibility for the Express Entry System:

  • Age 
  • Language Ability 
  • Family ties to Canada 
  • Nationality
  • Work Experience 
  • Education (optional except for FSW) 

You will receive points for each of these criteria, and the more points you receive, the better your chances of success in the application process. To apply for the Express Entry program, you can visit Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Canada Experience Class (CEC)

This program is under the Express entry system. It is for international students and temporary foreign workers who have Canadian work experience and want to apply for permanent residence. 

You must have completed at least one year of full-time work in Canada in a skilled occupation to be eligible. 

You can find more information on the Canada Experience Class (CEC) on the IRCC website.

2. Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs)

In Canada, each province has a nominee program that selects skilled workers to come and live and work there.

Different provinces and territories have their programs and requirements, allowing them to nominate individuals interested in settling and working in that province. 

Some PNPs have streams specifically for students who have completed their studies in Canada and want to apply for permanent residence.

You can find more information on the Provincial Nominee Programs on the IRCC website.

3. Family Sponsorship

If you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, they may be able to sponsor you for permanent residence.

Canadian citizens can sponsor their spouses, children, and relatives if they show proof of a relationship. This immigration process does not need an educational degree or viable skill. 

You can find more information on the Family Sponsorship on the IRCC website.

4. The Atlantic Immigration Pilot (AIP)

The Atlantic Immigration Pilot is meant to help employers in the Atlantic region of Canada hire skilled foreign workers who want to immigrate to one of Canada’s Atlantic Provinces of Newfoundland & Labrador, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia. 

To apply to the AIP program, you have to fulfill the requirements  of one of these programs:

  • Atlantic International Graduate Program 
  • Atlantic High-Skilled Program 
  • Atlantic Intermediate-Skilled Program

Atlantic International Graduate and High-Skilled Program the Atlantic needs a degree, diploma, or other relevant qualification, but the Atlantic Intermediate-Skilled Program does not need a college degree. 

A certificate equal to a Canadian high school diploma or equivalent language test in English or French and work experience are required for this program. It will also help to have a genuine job offer from a company in Atlantic Canada.

You can find more information on the Atlantic Immigration Pilot on the IRCC website.

5. The Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP) 

This program guarantees Canadian immigration without a degree for those interested in moving to one of the 11 cities and towns participating in this program. 

The  Eligibility Requirements for this program include the following:

  • At least one year of work experience in the last three years
  • At least a Canadian high school diploma or  post-secondary qualification 
  • Equivalent Language test in English or French. 
  • Proof of Sufficient funds 

You can find more information on the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot on the IRCC website.

6. Agri-Food Pilot

The Agri-Food Pilot started in May 2020. It’s meant to help fulfill the labor needs of the Canadian agri-food sector. The pilot program provides a pathway to permanent residence for meat processing and manufacturing workers.

Requirements for this program:

  • At least one year of full-time non-seasonal work experience in the last three years in an eligible occupation
  • A Canadian high school diploma or equivalent
  • To meet the language requirements
  • To have settlement funds to support you and your family
  • A full-time, non-seasonable job offer from a Canadian employer in an eligible occupation

You can find more information on the Agri-Food Pilot on the IRCC website.

7. The Home Care Provider Pilots

In June 2019, the Federal government launched two new immigration programs for foreign caregivers who want to work in Canada – The Home Child Care Provider Pilot and the Home Support Worker Pilot.

These are designed to help home support workers, and childcare providers live and work in Canada.

Care Provider pilot Requirements

  • At least two years of full-time Canadian work experience in the last three years or  a valid full-time job offer in an eligible occupation
  • One year of Canadian post-secondary education or foreign equivalent to being eligible for a Language test in English or French 
  • documents showing you are capable of doing the job

You can find more information on the Home Care Provider Pilots on the IRCC website.

To get PR in Canada without Graduation, check your skill level

National Occupational Classification (NOC) is Canada’s official classification of job skills. To immigrate and find work without graduation, you need to check where your skill level falls. The NOC job skills are in six TEER from  0, A, B to D.

High-skilled jobs in Canada are usually classified as type 0, A, or B and require a university education, secondary school, or occupation-specific training or apprenticeship training.

Intermediate to low-skilled occupations are classified as type C to D. Skill level C jobs include those in the processing, transportation, and hospitality sectors, such as industrial butchers, long-haul truck drivers, and food and beverage servers. 

While the jobs under skill level D include fruit pickers, cleaning staff, and oil field workers and do not need any degree but training or past work experience.  

It depends upon your occupation and where your job is the most in demand. Some provinces even have special programs dedicated to a specific occupation due to excessive requirements. 


The answer to the question of whether you can get PR in Canada without graduation is YES. 

It’s important to note that each immigration program has its eligibility requirements, and you will need to meet them to be considered for permanent residence.

It is also critical to determine where your job is in demand in Canada. You can use Canada occupation in-demand programs that allow you to apply through Express-Entry linked programs to simplify your application process. 

Joining The Canadian Army As A Foreigner

Leave a Comment